Hey there! Happy first day of Blogtober! 🙂 My first EVER Blogtober post is going to be a little “get to know me” kind of deal. So, here we go!
- First off, hi, my name is Chelsea.
- I am married to the man of my dreams, our 2nd wedding anniversary is in December.
- I have two kids. Titan is 2.5 years old, and Mia is 3 months old. 🙂
- I was born and raised in Southern Illinois, which is where I still live.
- I just recently discovered my love for coffee. My coffee of choice is Starbucks Veranda blend with Vanilla Caramel creamer.
- My birthday is in October, so loving fall runs in my blood. 😉
- I work full time, mom full time, wife full time, and try to blog full time.
- My all time, without a doubt I will watch over and over, TV shows are: Friends and The Office.
- Rachel Hollis is my “spirit animal”.
- Will Ferrell is my favorite actor.
I hope you feel like you know me a little better now! See ya back here tomorrow, folks. 🙂
Good morning, buddies! To get us all excited about fall (in case you weren’t already) I’ve compiled a list of things to do in the Southern Illinois area this season. 🙂
- Mt. Vernon Fall Festival – September 28-30
- Woodlawn Haunted Woods Opening Night – September 28
- Nashville Fall Festival – September 28-29
- Kimmundy Log Cabin Village Fall Festival – September 29-30 & October 6-7
- Fall Family Night Hayride (Salem) – October 5
- JCHS Heritage Festival (Mt.Vernon) – October 6-7
- Little Egypt Festival (Salem) – October 6
- Vandalia Fall Festival – October 13
- Carlyle Haunted Trail – October 19-20
- Marlow’s Pumpkin Patch Fall Finale – October 20-21
- Centralia Halloween Parade – October 27
- Witches Night Out (Lebanon) – October 28
Let me know in the comments if there’s any events that I’ve missed!
Hey guys! I attempted making my first printable! I’ve been getting into “fall mode” and I thought it would be nice to create a simple fall printable.
It’s free to download! I hope y’all enjoy it, and I’m hoping to start making more! 🙂
Click here for your FREE download! 🙂
It’s September, which means we should soon be welcoming fall into our lives. Cooler weather, beautiful colors, bonfires, pumpkin patches, Halloween, and the list could keep going. Fall is such a cozy time of year, which is why I have an entire list of movies that fit in perfectly with this time of year.
Grab a blanket and your choice of warm beverage, it’s time to get cozy friends! 😉
- Practical Magic
- October Sky
- The entire Harry Potter Series
- Hocus Pocus
- Remember the Titans
- Sleepy Hollow
- The Rocky series
- The Lord of the Rings trilogy
- The Sound of Music
- The Patriot
- The Halloween series
- The Addams Family
Be sure to let me know what your go to snuggle on the couch fall movies are! 🙂
(I am NOT being paid to right this.)
Hey buddies! Today I’m sharing with you what book I am reading at the moment.
GUYS! You HAVE to check this one out! I’m sure most of you have heard of it, it’s on fire right now, and for good reason!
I haven’t finished it yet, I’m about half way through, and I couldn’t be more pleased with my purchase. Rachel gives it to you real, and tells you what you need to hear.
If you are in a rut and needing some inspiration, PLEASE buy this book and read it. She covers almost every “lie” that I have ever told myself about myself. Her real life stories are super relate-able.
One big idea that I am taking away from this book and currently applying to my life is breaking promises to myself. I am super bad about telling myself that I am going to do something, and then finding reasons to push it aside.
If you like this book and haven’t found Rachel on social media yet, I strongly suggest you do! She has a website, TheChicSite.com, where you can find anything from recipes to DIYs, to real life motherhood.
It’s easy to see why I am taking such a liking to her, huh? 🙂
So, if any of you lovelies decide to read this book, let’s start a discussion!
Hey friends! I hope you all are having an awesome week! Today’s topic is a little random, but that’s okay. 🙂
I’m going to share with you all my absolute favorite shows to binge watch.
If you know me, even just a little bit, you know that this is my all time favorite show. I have watched every season at least 5 times through. The quirky every day antics of this show are what keeps me coming back. All of the characters are hilariously unique, yet when you watch the show you feel like you could know these people in real life. Oh and let’s not forget the love story of Jim and Pam. *heart melting*
I know this seems cliche, because almost anyone born before 2000 is obsessed. OH well! This show is a classic, enough said.
My husband got me started on this show, and now I’m further along in the series than he is! This is a very lovable series with wonderfully interesting characters and plot twists. I will forever come back to New Girl when in need of something to binge. P.S. please please if you are currently watching the new season… NO SPOILERS! 🙂
Compared to the others on my list, this one is completely random haha. I’ve been watching NCIS since about my freshman year of high school. It’s your basic crime soap opera type of show, but for some reason I like this one the best. I fell off the band wagon for a few years so I’ve decided to start from the beginning and watch it all the way through.
Parks and Recreation
This is my newest obsession. Clearly I love the quirky comedy genre of television. Parks and Rec is set up basically the same as The Office, which is probably why I’m loving it.
Let me know what your recommendations are for binge worthy shows! I am always on the lookout for a new one, especially as I am terrible about going back and re watching shows that I’ve seen a billion times!
I love this one! As a whole, our society spends WAY too much time comparing ourselves to everyone else. Nothing good comes from constant comparison, it mainly drags us down. Just think of how freeing it could be to just be you, do what makes you happy, and not worry if you are as good as someone else.
Social media makes this a hard challenge, I know, but let’s try to go the rest of the week without envying someone else’s life, or wishing we could be more like a different person. Be you! You are awesome! 🙂
Happy Monday, lovelies! Have a fantastic week!!