I love this one! As a whole, our society spends WAY too much time comparing ourselves to everyone else. Nothing good comes from constant comparison, it mainly drags us down. Just think of how freeing it could be to just be you, do what makes you happy, and not worry if you are as good as someone else.
Social media makes this a hard challenge, I know, but let’s try to go the rest of the week without envying someone else’s life, or wishing we could be more like a different person. Be you! You are awesome! 🙂
Happy Monday, lovelies! Have a fantastic week!!
Hey buddies! Today I’m going to share with you the answer to a question that I get a lot.
That is: How did we come up with our son’s name?
If you don’t already know, I have a 2 year old son, and his name is… drum roll… Titan Alexander.
Most people think I’m saying Tyson when I tell them his name, but it’s definitely TITAN. 🙂
You would probably think that there is a very elaborate and long story behind our decision, but there really isn’t.
We first discovered the name on our way home from the doctor’s office after we found out gender. I Googled the top 100 boy names of 2015. After listing off at least 50 names and my husband saying no I came across the name Titan. That year it was number 99 out of 100 most popular names. Once I said it, we both looked at each other and didn’t instantly say NOPE. That was the first name we both mutually liked, but we still thought about it for a few days before we made a definite decision.
My husband is a big Sci-fi fan, and loves anything and everything relating to outer space. The name Titan fit well with his interests. Flash forward 2 years and Titan is also a big lover of outer space, specifically the moon which he looks for every night. It’s so neat to watch him and his personality grow and see the similarities between him and my husband.
As far as his middle name, we simply thought the name Alexander flowed well. Pretty basic explanation there haha.
There ya have it, it’s not a super fancy story, but that’s okay! I hope you all enjoyed reading and I’ll see you back here soon! 🙂
YOU’VE GOT THIS! ❤️
I don’t know about y’all, but I’m sure going to try my best to have a good week. I spent last week sick, mix that with being pregnant, and you can imagine that last week kicked my butt. But, it’s a new week and I’m on the mend. 😊
I hope this week treats you well, buddies.
Good morning! I hope you all enjoyed the Easter weekend, and if you’re anything like me you wish it wasn’t Monday. With that being said, it’s week 2 of Inspirational Monday! This week I am dedicating the quote to my amazing husband. 🙂
For me, and my marriage, this quote applies so well. Barak and I may not be each other’s first loves, but we are each other’s last. And knowing that I get to spend the rest of my life with him makes all the other heartbreaks I’ve felt completely worth it.
Hey friends! Today I’m sharing with you an idea I saw on Pinterest. I think we all know that Pinterest is a dangerous place full of hit and misses. I saw this different take on the tradition of coloring eggs and thought it looked interesting.
What you’ll need:
- Whipped Cream
- Food coloring (I used gel but I’d imagine regular would work just the same)
- White vineger
What you’ll do:
- Boil eggs like you normally would
- Once they cool soak in vinegar for 5-10 minutes
- Fill baking dish with whipped cream
- Make sections for each color, drop in as many drops of coloring as you want and swirl it around to mix with the whipped cream
- Roll eggs in the colored whipped cream
- Let eggs sit in the mixture for at least 15 minutes (the longer they sit, the brighter they will be)
- DO NOT rinse off in the sink, instead fill a large bowl with water and gently wipe off the whipped cream
This is a neat take on egg coloring, the eggs will end up looking tye-dyed. I don’t necessarily recommend this technique if you don’t want to get SUPER messy though. All in all it’s a fun idea, especially for older kids.
I hope you all have a great time celebrating Easter this weekend! 🙂
Hey friends! Today I’m going to start a challenge of sorts. Starting today I am going to post an inspirational/motivational quote every Monday. The challenge here is: for me to keep up with this idea, and for you to take each weeks quote to heart and have an AWESOME week! 🙂
I am loving the first quote for this series! Far too often we let self doubt stand in the way of doing something we love or are passionate about. This week I want you to think about something you’ve been wanting to do, but have let doubt stop you. Then, I want you to remind yourself that you CAN do it! I believe in you. 🙂
I hope you all have a fantastic week!
Hey there! I thought I’d start off with a few facts about who I am! 🙂
- I’m 24. I’ll be 25 in October. I still have a hard time grasping that I’m not a teenager anymore haha.
- I’m married to my dream man. Our 2nd wedding anniversary is in December. 🙂
- I have a 2 year old son (Titan Alexander) and a baby girl on the way.
- My top 3 favorite shows of all time are: FRIENDS (duh), The Office, and New Girl.
- I’m a total homebody.
- I don’t LOVE pizza in the same ways that everyone else seems to love pizza. Give me a plate of spaghetti instead, please. 🙂
- I’m going on 3 years cigarette free. Let me just repeat that… 3 YEARS BABY! 🙂
- I’m right handed, except for when I throw a ball or anything related to playing a sport.
- I still love Twilight.
- I desperately want to love coffee, but no matter how many ways I’ve tried drinking it, I just can’t.
I hope this gives you a little insight into who I am! Let me know if we have anything in common! 🙂