Hey friends! Today I’m sharing with you an idea I saw on Pinterest. I think we all know that Pinterest is a dangerous place full of hit and misses. I saw this different take on the tradition of coloring eggs and thought it looked interesting.
What you’ll need:
- Whipped Cream
- Food coloring (I used gel but I’d imagine regular would work just the same)
- White vineger
What you’ll do:
- Boil eggs like you normally would
- Once they cool soak in vinegar for 5-10 minutes
- Fill baking dish with whipped cream
- Make sections for each color, drop in as many drops of coloring as you want and swirl it around to mix with the whipped cream
- Roll eggs in the colored whipped cream
- Let eggs sit in the mixture for at least 15 minutes (the longer they sit, the brighter they will be)
- DO NOT rinse off in the sink, instead fill a large bowl with water and gently wipe off the whipped cream
This is a neat take on egg coloring, the eggs will end up looking tye-dyed. I don’t necessarily recommend this technique if you don’t want to get SUPER messy though. All in all it’s a fun idea, especially for older kids.
I hope you all have a great time celebrating Easter this weekend! 🙂